ykra magic beeswax
YKRA'S natural cotton canvas is a wonderful material, but it needs to be protected from the elements. Using feedback from customers, YKRA has created a wax for waterproofing their products.
YKRA'S MAGIC BEESWAX is a natural impregnating wax for waterproofing canvas products. Handmade in Hungary from beeswax and paraffin according to traditional recipes.
Please note, that we do not recommend to use the beeswax for white or natural color canvas as the natural yellowish color of the beeswax might discolor the product.
How to impregnate your backpack:
1. Gently rub the wax on the outer canvas parts, making sure that it is evenly distributed
2. Use a hairdryer on a mild setting to warm up the wax. Letting the canvas soak it up!
3. Test to make sure you have applied enough wax, and the water runs off. If not, repeat steps 1 and 2!
YKRA (pronounced eek-rah) was founded by designer Balázs Lakatos from the basement of a bar in downtown Budapest in 2011, with the goal of creating a vintage style hiking backpack for everyday use. Their mission is to inspire people to spend more time in nature and enjoy everyday adventures.
They make long-lasting quality products that have the look and feel of a bygone era using a thick and durable cotton canvas originally made for tents. Inspired by the hiking culture of 1970’s eastern Europe, their canvases come in a variety of vivid colors.
We offer free shipping on all orders over €250,-
- Netherlands €4,90
- Germany and Belgium €6,90
- Austria, Denmark, France, Luxembourg and Sweden €9,90
- Rest of Europe €12,90
- Worldwide €24,90
- U.S. €34,90
If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase you can return it within 14 days (after delivery)